- The suction line of a Centrifugal Pump needs to run full of liquid for the pump to start with the pumping.
- This creates a problem when there’s a positive height difference between the Pump Suction level and Sump liquid level. This height difference is known as Suction lift.
- Hence the liquid needs to be drawn upto the pump level to ensure pumping start-up. The process of ensuring liquid presence in the suction line of the pump is known as Priming. The Priming process is a compulsory part of pump operation.
- Improper priming results into formation of gas pockets in the pump impeller which prevent liquid flow.
- Running the pump with improper priming leads to overheating of the motor and mechanical damage to the pump.
Ejectors for Pump Priming:
- Ejectors operate by creating a vacuum inside the suction line of the pump.
The vacuum draws the liquids from sump upto the pump elevation.
- Ejectors require a Compressed Air Supply as an Energy input. Easy availability of Compressed air and minimal flow requirement allows the Ejector to be easily accommodated by the existing facility.
- Unlike other priming arrangements such as Foot Valves, Priming Tanks; Ejectors do not require any auxiliary liquid pump for its working.
- Ejectors are also superior to Vacuum Pump Technology for Priming due to the following reasons:
- Liquid Ring Vacuum Pumps require a Water/Liquid supply for their operation. In most of the cases Water/Liquid supply cannot be provided unless the Centrifugal Pump in question is started.
- Dry vacuum pump technology doesn’t tolerate liquid ingestion and is not economically feasible for the application.
- Vacuum Pumps require considerable maintenance. The high maintenance cost drives the total Lifecycle Cost up.
Crystal TCS’s Priming Ejectors:
- Designing a Priming Ejector is largely a function of the involved pumping system.
- Our Engineers after carefully assessing the requirements of associated Pumping Systems have developed a specific set of rules for Priming Ejectors in order to achieve consistent Priming within minimum time with minimal Motive Consumption.
- We also provide automated control to start and stop the ejector automatically during the pump start-up process.
- Our Priming System consists of a Priming Ejector, automated air supply valve set to the required Suction lift and a Discharge Silencer.
Salient Features of our Pump Priming Ejectors
- A wide range of models to choose from, enables achieving optimum priming time.
- Can easily provide Suction Lifts upto 9m for water pumps.
- Can operate with Compressed Air pressures as less as 3 Bar(g).
- Rugged construction and compact size enable installation in difficult to access areas.
- We manufacture Ejectors in a wide variety of materials (Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel and FRP) to suit the pumping liquid’s corrosive effects.
- Easily tolerate Liquid ingestion.
- Reliable and Maintenance free operation.
- Silent operation.
- Priming for Centrifugal Pumps with large size Suction lines (4” and more).
- Priming for Seawater Pumps.
- Priming for Corrosive Liquid Pumping.